While choosing a right laptop being an engineering student, you would be greatly careful with the speed, efficiency, Hard Drive and a dedicated graphics card in the laptop. Check the list below to make the right choice.
Contents of this Page
1. HP Envy 15t Slim Quad Thinnest Laptop
- It comes with 15.6″ full HD WLED backlit display.
- It has 8GB HDR3 video memory.
- It comes with touchscreen technology, island-style keyboard with the backlit function to use in the darkness.
- The numeric keypad is soft enough to use for long hours without feeling tired.
- It supports the maximum 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS screen resolution.
- It has 1TB hard drive.
- It comes with 4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4712HQ Quad Core processor.
HP brings its flagship touchscreen Envy laptop for the engineering students. The built-in operating system is Windows 8 and it has a big hard drive to save your content.
The processor combines with Turbo Booster Technology to maximize the processing speed has incredibly fast speed.
There are 1 USB 2.0 port and 2 USB 3.1 ports for a faster data transfer between your laptop and another device. Its 41 Wh Li-ion 4-cell battery works up to 6 hours.
It allows you to create your desired projects and to present every design and model with great ease.
The Bang & Olufsen Sound technology enables you to produce a perfect audio by transforming your laptop into a soundstage.
Top Three at a Glance
To make your choice easier, let’s have a look at the features of the best three devices.
|Devices||HP Envy 15t Slim Quad Thinnest Laptop||Lenovo Y700||Razer Blade Ultra-Thin|
|Display||Wider view with 15.6” FHD WLED backlit display with 1920 x 1080 resolution||Wide view with 15.6” full HD IPS LED with 1920 x 1080 resolution and Anti-Glare feature to disperse light reflection||14” full HD display IPS Matte display with 1920 x 1080 resolution|
|Storage Capacity||Vast storage capacity with 1TB Hard Disk Drive||1TB 5400RPM hard disk drive||512GB SSD PCIe M.2 storage capacity|
|Processor||The latest Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost Technology to enhance the processing speed from 2.7 up to 3.5 GHz||Super fast Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core processor||Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core for incredibly fast processing|
|Graphics||The latest NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics to support bulky apps||Very powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 graphics|
|Battery Life||41 Wh Li-ion 4-cell battery to last up to 6 hours||4-cell battery to stay up to 4.5 hours||I Lithium ion 4-cell battery to stay up to 4.5 hours|
2. Lenovo Y700
- Lenovo Y700 has 15.6” LED-Lit, Full HD IPS display.
- The screen resolutions are 1920×1080.
- It is quite a lightweight device.
- It has 1TB 5400RPM HDD.
- It includes a very powerful NVIDIA GeForce 960M graphics card.
- It comes with a hybrid 128GB SSD drive for engineering students.
- The built-in operating system is Windows 10.
- It comes with 8GB RAM.
The Ideapad Y700 comes with the stunning graphics to fulfil your requirements being an engineering student. The keyboard is backlit to use at night in dim light.
Its thermal fan does not let the device heat up even after long hours of work. The 1TB hard disk combined with 256GB PCIe SSD provides you with a wider room to store all of your required stuff and designs.
The JBL speakers combined with the Dolby Audio Premium makes your audios immersive.
It contains the updated Intel Core i7-6700HQ quad-core processor for a high-speed performance while you are preparing a design or creating a model. It has 2 USB 3.0 ports for a quicker transfer of your data.
3. Razer Blade Ultrathin 14” Laptop
- It has 14” Full High Definition display.http://www.papercreationsmag.com/
- The processor Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad-Core is incredibly fast.
- It contains 16GB RAM.
- You will experience very powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics with 6GB GDDR5 VRAM.
- The 512GB SSD PCIe M.2 storage capacities make it a worthwhile device.
- The built-in operating system is Microsoft Windows 10 Home.
It has 14” full HD Matte display with 1920 x 1080 resolutions. The device looks catchy due to its very lightweight and thin 0.7” aluminium chassis.
The keyboard comes with the Anti-Ghosting technology to ensure that all combinations of the keys work very well. While considering the connectivity, you will be amazed to get a disruptive technology Thunderbolt 3 for a speedier connectivity.
It is powered by Razer Chroma that enables you to experience 16.8 million colors per key.
4. HP ZBook 17 G3
- It has 17.3” diagonal Full HD display.
- The faster Intel HD graphics P530 make it a distinguished device.
- It comes with NVIDIA Quadro M4000M combined with 4GB dedicated GDDR5 RAM.
- It provides full vast room for 1TB hard disk and 512GB SSD storage capacity.
- The device contains 16GB RAM.
- It has HP Long Life Li-ion 6-cell battery to power the device for longer hours.
It has 17.3” diagonal full HD UWVA IPS LED with the anti-glare feature. So, now you do not need to worry about the reflection of bright sunlight or the ambient room light.
Everything you read or view will be perfectly clear. The built-in Operating System is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.The device contains Intel HD graphics P530 (NVIDIA Quadro M4000M) with 4GB dedicated GDDR5.
It has 2 USB 3.0 ports for a swift data transfer to and fro and 2 external ports with Thunderbolt 3 technology to provide you with the faster connectivity and better performance.
The keyboard is backlit and contains Spill Resistance feature that saves it from damage by liquid spills.
5. Dell Precision 7510
- It has 15.6 full HD IPS Touchscreen.
- The storage capacity is 500GB and 16GB DDR4.
- The device comes with the updated Intel Quad Core i7-6820HQ processor.
- The built-in Operating System is Windows 10 Pro.
- The device includes a 3-years warranty.
- The NVIDIA Quadro M1000M graphics for stunning and lag-free performance.
The device comes with 15.6” full HD LED Touchscreen with 1920×1080 resolution. The Anti-Glare feature of its FHD screen disperses the irritating reflection of sunlight or the ambient room light and makes the view clearer.
It has Intel Core 6th Gen i7-6820HQ Processor for a speedier processing and the NVIDIA Quadro M1000M does not let your device’s performance down. Run your models and bulky engineering applications smoothly on it.
6. Acer Aspire 5
- It has 15.6” HD Matte display for a wider view.
- The device comes with NVIDIA GeForce 940Mx graphics for the smooth running of your apps.
- It has 1TB Hard disk capacity.
- It comes with Intel Core i5 processor with minimum 2.5GHz speed.
- The battery life is up to solid 8 hours.
- The device includes 2 years warranty from the manufacturing firm.
- It weighs only 2.1Kg.
- The RAM is 8GB in it.
The 15.6” screen has HD display with 1366 x 768 resolution for a better and wider view of the content. The processor Intel Core i5 combined with 8GB RAM is sufficient to run multiple apps without lagging.
The GeForce 940MX graphics card with 2GB RAM let you have a smooth working experience. It contains 2 USB 2.0 ports and 1 USB 3.0 port.
7. Acer Flagship Premium Nitro 5
- The 15.6” full HD display comes with Touchscreen feature.
- It contains 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor.
- The keyboard is backlit to use in dim light and the keys work smoothly.
- The graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 combined with 4GB GDDR5.
- The 1TB hard disk drive provides you with a vast room to keep your stuff.
- It has 16GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM.
The 15.6” full HD backlit display has 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. It provides you with the bigger screen to view your content with impressive clarity and sharp colours.
This Acer device has a built-in media reader port that supports SD card and MultiMediaCard memory cards to transfer the images to and fro. The high powered wireless LAN is a part of the screen to connect it with the Wi-Fi or hotspot not only in tablet mode but also in laptop mode.
However, there is no DVD/CD drive in it. The Quad Core processor includes Intel Turbo Boost Technology to boost the average speed up to 3.5GHz. MaxxAudio feature gives you high-quality voice and music sound.
8. Lenovo ThinkPad P51
- It comes with 15.6” full HD IPS display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
- It has Fingerprint Reader.
- The built-in Operating System is Windows 10 Professional.
- It has 2TB hard disk drive.
- The 16GB DDR4 RAM is upgradable up to 64GB.
- The 6 cell battery is long lasting up to 8 hours.
- The processor Intel 7th Gen Quad Core i7-7700HQ includes Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
It has 15.6” full HD IPS display with an Anti-Glare feature to disperse the reflection of the light rays. Thus, it provides you with a clearer and sharper view.
The high-quality NVIDIA Quadro M1200M allows your apps to run swiftly without lagging. It includes a fingerprint reader for security purposes. The 16GB DDR4 RAM is upgradable for maximum 64GB capacity. Its 6 cells Lithium-ion battery that lasts for minimum 8 hours.
9. ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K – OC Edition
- It comes with 17.3” full HD IPS display.
- The latest Intel 6th Gen Skylake Unlocked Core i7 processor enables you to enjoy a quicker processing.
- The device has 1TB storage capacity.
- The keyboard is backlit.
- It has NVIDIA G-SYNC.
- It has the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series graphics card.
- The device contains 32GB DDR4 RAM that is upgradable up to 64GB.
- The battery backup pack includes 8 cell Li-ion powerful battery.
The 17.3” full HD G-SYNC display has 1920 x 1080 screen resolution and 178-degree viewing angles. So, it becomes comfortable to view the content from any angle clearly.
It has Thunderbolt 3 technology to boost the connectivity performance. The NVIDIA G-SYNC enables you to experience ultra smooth running of your engineering apps like MATLAB and CAD, etc.
It also ensures the 180% high performance as compared to the previous generation. It comes with two copper heat pipes to cool the system with the ROG 3D Vapor Chamber that improves the longevity in the best way.
10. Dell Precision M7510 WorkStation
- It has 15.6” full HD IPS display.
- The system has the latest 6th Gen Intel Quad Core i7-6820HQ processor that can boost the processing speed up to 3.6GHz.
- The keyboard is backlit and has soft keys.
- It contains the latest NVIDIA Quadro M1000M and 2GB GDDR5.
- The built-in Operating System in Dell Precision is Windows 10 Pro.
- It has 16GB DDR4 RAM and 500GB SATA hard disk drive.
The 15.6” full HD IPS display has 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution with the Anti-Glare feature. It is a Touchscreen display for a more convenient use of the system.
The 16GB RAM is upgradable up to 32GB. The Thunderbolt 3 type C port has been added to the system to allow you an ultra-fast connectivity with the Wi-Fi or the hotspot network.
It has NVIDIA Quadro M1000M with 2GB GDDR5 RAM to provide you with the lag-free experience of using the system for long hours.