If you have invested a great toil and time to grow a beautiful garden, you will be hesitant to apply harsh weed killer available in the market. It may destroy the pesky invaders in your garden but for sure damage your plants or fruits too. No worries! I have a better idea for you. Let’s tackle these uninvited plants with a natural weed killer that is effective to kill the weeds but does not harm the fruits and useful plants. Here, I am going to tell you about a variety of weed killers you can prepare at home. But if you don’t like wasting time on homemade weed killer then you can also buy a best weed killer. Below are these.
Also check: How Does Weed Killer Work?
Five Methods to make Homemade Weed Killer
- Take one large gallon of Sodium Carbonate (common table salt) and mix it with water.
- Now put some solution into the sprayer to spray it into the lawn edges to put barriers for weeds.
Vinegar + Salt Weed Killer
You need to use only three ingredients to prepare this highly effective weed killer.
- Just take one gallon of white vinegar.
- Put one small container of salt in it.
- Add 2 Tbsp of washing detergent in liquid form.
- Put all three ingredients into a big container and mix them very well.
- Now spray or splash it wherever you require.
Lemon Juice with Vinegar
Another very effective way is to use the solution of two potent weed killer agents i.e. Lemon and Vinegar. Lemon is a significant source of citric acid whereas the vinegar is rich in acetic acid. The combination of both of these acids can kill all unwanted weeds.
- Take five lemons and extract the juice from them.
- Take one container of vinegar and mix the lemon juice with it.
- Mix them well and spray the concentrate into the flower beds and around the fences. Within two days, the desired results can be seen.
It is the chemical name of boiled water. The boiling water is not only harmful to human beings but also for these harmful invaders.
- You should boil one container of water till it starts boiling rapidly.
- Now splash it around the driveways, the walkways and near the flower plants. Be careful while using it around the flower beds because it can kill the healthy plants too.
Waste Water of Boiled Eggs
- Put a container full of water on the fire and boil a few eggs in it for at least 20 minutes.
- The eggs you can use in your breakfast and splash the waste water on the weeds to get rid of them.
- It is highly effective to kill the weeds and works well as compared to the boiled water.
Note: After using it, don’t forget to dispose it of by using this guide because it could be extremely harmful for humans.