Woodcutting and carpentry became very much easier when circular saws were introduced. They are a lot easier to handle and obviously save ample time. Back and forth saw blades are a traditional way of dealing with carpentry and woodworking but circular saws took over in no time. The best part is that these compact sized circular saws fulfill all your construction needs.
So, here is a list of the top 10 small circular saws that you can buy as per your budget and usage. We hope it will help you make the right buying decision.
Contents of this Page
- 1. Genesis GCS545C 5.8 Amp 120 Volt 4-1/2 in. Control Grip Compact Circular Saw with Vacuum Adapter, Blade Wrench, and 24T Carbide Tipped Blade
- 2. Dremel US40-01 Ultra-Saw Tool Kit with 4 Accessories and 1 Attachment
- 3. Rockwell RK3441K 4-1/2” Compact Circular Saw, 5 amps, 3500 rpm with Dust Port and Accessory Kit
- 4. Rockwell RK3440K Versacut 4.0 Amp Ultra-Compact Circular Saw with Laser Guide and 3-Blade Kit with carrying Case
- 5. WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw – WX429L
- 6. Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw Kit, 3-3/8″
- 7. MasterMind 800344 Compact Precision 3-Inch Circular Saw
- 8. Rotorazer Multi-purpose Circular Mini Saw with 3 Interchangeable Blades and Dust Extraction System – Red
- 9. Dremel 4000-2/30 High-Performance Rotary Tool Kit
- 10. BLACK+DECKER BDCCS20B 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Circular Saw Bare Tool, 5.5-Inch.
- Best Small Circular Saw Buyer’s Guide
- Small Circular Saw Maintenance: Tips and Tricks
1. Genesis GCS545C 5.8 Amp 120 Volt 4-1/2 in. Control Grip Compact Circular Saw with Vacuum Adapter, Blade Wrench, and 24T Carbide Tipped Blade
Do you ever feel that you require having a super-efficient saw to deal with all kinds of construction needs?
Genesis has been in the business for quite some time and knows exactly what to offer their customers. You will be able to cut through almost anything with the tungsten-carbide-tipped-blade included with your Genesis GCS545C Compact Circular Saw that comes with Vacuum Adapter. Also, the manufacturer offers several great accessories to improve usability.
- It comes with triple gear reduction for better torque. No other company provides this level of torque in an electric circular saw.
- There are multiple cutting functions in the device to take advantage from.
- At a 90-degree angle, Genesis gives a cutting depth of 1.5 inches.
- It comes with company fitted 5.8-amp motor with 3500 RPM.
- It also has a built-in dust port that keeps the cutting area clear of Debris.
|Motor Power||It has a power motor of 5.8 Amp||It has a power motor of 7.5 Amp||It has a power motor of 5 Amp|
|Cutting Depth||2 inches||Not defined||1 inch|
|Accessories||Yes, there are accessories included with a vacuum adapter||Yes||Yes, but not too much useful|
2. Dremel US40-01 Ultra-Saw Tool Kit with 4 Accessories and 1 Attachment
If you are looking for a circular saw that can assist you with most of the renovation projects, then there can be nothing better than Dremel US40-01.
It cuts through tough materials like concrete and metal so obviously, it can be a great help in renovating your backyard or your porch.
- It comes with multiple attachments to assist various requirements and functions.
- It has a powerful motor with a 7.5-amp motor.
- It can do much more than cutting; it can be used for surface preparation and flush cutting applications.
- It is durable and safe to use.
- The depth of the saw is adjustable.
3. Rockwell RK3441K 4-1/2” Compact Circular Saw, 5 amps, 3500 rpm with Dust Port and Accessory Kit
If you want to deal with all the cutting and alterations of hard metals and are interested in a compact-sized circular saw then Rockwell RK3441K 4 can be a preferable choice.
The Rockwell Compact Circular Saw is a powerful and functional circular saw that operates with ease and comfort. It is lightweight and compact that evicts the need of dragging out the big heavy circular saw.
- It has a 5-amp powerful motor.
- It delivers amazing performance at 3,500 RPM to cut through 2x4s in a single pass.
- With carbide edge of the blade, it is easier to cut at different angles.
- The cutting wheel has a diameter of 2inches that cuts at a depth of 1 inch.
- It has an arbor size of 3/8inches.
4. Rockwell RK3440K Versacut 4.0 Amp Ultra-Compact Circular Saw with Laser Guide and 3-Blade Kit with carrying Case
Here is another circular saw by Rockwell. It is lightweight with a streamlined design that makes it easier to control single-handedly.
It eliminates the need to drag out a big, heavy circular saw to perform various construction and renovation tasks.
- It has a 4-amp motor that cuts a variety of materials including wood, metal sheets, and flooring.
- It comes with a dust extraction adapter that keeps the cut line free of dust for better visibility of the cutting space.
- The ergonomic design comes with a built-in laser guide to assist well-aligned and perfect cut.
5. WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw – WX429L
The 4-1/2″ WORXSAW Compact Circular Saw is powerful, portable and perfect to be operated around the house and the workshop. It is a maneuverable compact saw with a thin blade that ensures speedy cutting.
- It has a parallel guide attachment that ensures straight and precise cuts.
- It can cut up to2inches of depth.
- It boasts 3500 RPM with no load speed at all.
- The ergonomic design ensures angles to be cut at 0-45 degree bevel.
6. Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw Kit, 3-3/8″
Makita Circular Saw Kit delivers power and speed in an ultra-compact size for a range of cutting applications. It can prove to be a handy tool for users that are seeking compact cutting solutions for tight spaces.
- It has a motor with 1,500 RPM.
- It has a 3-3/8” blade for smooth and defined cutting.
- It is designed to cut plywood, particleboard, melamine, drywall and many other materials of the same type.
7. MasterMind 800344 Compact Precision 3-Inch Circular Saw
This is a moderately priced circular saw that is light in weight and offers a variety of functions. It can be used for precise cutting of most building materials up to 7/8 inch, and tile up to 3/8 inch.
- It is equipped with LED laser light that helps you to perform the cutting task without making any mistakes.
- It has a powerful 2,800 RPM motor that explains the optimal use and well-supported cutting.
- The saw comes with a vacuum hose adapter for dust extraction. It keeps the area of working clear for better visibility.
8. Rotorazer Multi-purpose Circular Mini Saw with 3 Interchangeable Blades and Dust Extraction System – Red
This circular saw can be an attractive addition to your toolbox. Rotorazer circular saw is compact in size, yet providing all the basic functions.
We do not say that it will perform amazingly like a few other circular saws in the list, but it can be a good choice if you are looking for household renovations and constructions.
It comes with 3 different types of blades but the motor power does not support the performance as it should.
- It boasts a 400-watt motor.
- It offers a cutting depth of 5inches.
- It cuts on different depths depending on the materials; 1inch for the thickest and 5inches for thin materials.
- It comes with a vacuum to avoid any eye contact with the dust and debris.
9. Dremel 4000-2/30 High-Performance Rotary Tool Kit
The Dremel 4000-2/30 High-Performance Rotary Tool Kit is a versatile rotary tool kit. Whether you are a seasoned DIY handyman or just some looking for a small home project, this circular saw got you covered. This unit includes a 4000 corded rotary tool, two attachments, 30 pieces of high-quality Dremel add-on accessories, a plastic storage/ carrying case, and an accessory case.
Performance-wise, the Dremel 4000-2/30 is powered by a high-quality motor. This provides the circular saw maximum power and flawless performance at all speeds settings. Depending on what you are working on, the Dremel 4000-2/30 has variable speeds, from 5,000 – 35,000 RPM. It is also equipped with an electronic feedback circuitry for steady and stable performance during workloads.
If you don’t like noisy machines, then you will appreciate the Dremel 4000-2/30’s airflow system. Its ventilation mechanism supports the prevention of heat build-ups. So, you can enjoy a sleeker, cooler, and quieter operation. The grip zone is also great, as it is slim and constructed with proper ergonomics in mind. Now you can work using this tool for a long time without feeling strained.
10. BLACK+DECKER BDCCS20B 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Circular Saw Bare Tool, 5.5-Inch.
Black & Decker has been known for their extraordinary machine quality. However, their circular saw has not been much of a favorite item in the market.
The reason can be that there are many other specialized companies that are already working on designing high-end circular saws and Black & Decker does not match their quality.
- It allows accurate angled cuts with its bevel adjustments.
- The tool-free depth of cut allows easy adjustments, so you can adjust the positioning of the machine.
- The compact design makes it a desirable choice.
- It cuts from 1.5inches to 5 inches depending on the material.
Best Small Circular Saw Buyer’s Guide
Before you jump into buying your brand-new small circular saw, you need to be well-informed first. After all, there are things you need to remember when picking a small circular saw.
Now, in order to find the perfect fit, you must ask yourself first; where am I going to use this? What kind of stuff will you be cutting? Are you going to use it indoors or outdoors? Are you planning to make this tool a staple on your shed, or is this a onetime project? After answering these questions, you will now have a clearer picture of what you want on a small circular saw.
Power relates to the amount of force that operates a saw’s blade. This factor is crucial, as it determines how fast and effective you will be in completing a job. Remember that the more power your circular saw has, the quicker and easier you’ll finish a task. Since you are only looking for a small saw, it only has small motors, so every bit of power you can get is crucial.
Corded or Cordless?
The major selling point of small circular saws is flexibility, portability, and weight. So if you want to get away with an even lesser bulk, you need to choose between a corded or a cordless saw. Before, all saws are corded until battery-powered ones became mainstream and gain popularity.
Though cordless saws boast superior portability at better ease of use, they, of course, ultimately cost more. So, in the end, it is just a question of whether you are willing to splurge more for a bit of convenience.
The blade of a small circular saw is its most important part. That is why you need to scrutinize it well before picking one. You need to pay special attention to blade type and how affordable the replacement is. After all, it will get dull in the future, so you need to plan ahead. Some brands include two or more replacement blades in the box, so that is good. So overall, you must consider value before you make a purchase.
Ease of Use
Since this is a power tool, it must be easy to use to some extent. That is why it must have excellent ergonomics, along with proper weight distribution and convenient controls. It must fit in your hand like a glove and prevents hand stress from extended use. You should check for overall design and build if it can withstand the stress of usage.
Safety first, and we cannot stress this enough. That is why you must look for safety measures or added safety technologies for the saws that you are eyeing. Saws are not toys and must be handled correctly. Though small saws are smaller than a standard saw, it is still dangerous to operate to proceed with caution.
Cutting depth is another important factor for a small circular saw. After all, this limits the jobs that you can do with it. Know that 1 inch or longer is the best cutting depth for compact saws. However, remember that the deeper you cut using a small saw, the less accurate the cut will be.
Small circular saws are better used on small projects. After all, compact saws shine on projects that require attention to detail. That is why it is essential to look for saws with high precision and accuracy. Here are some of the features that you can check before making a choice:
- Dust management systems
- Low vibration
- Laser guides
- Physical guides
Small saws are usually the first power tool that you’ll think of when doing simple jobs. That is why picking a versatile small saw is the best choice, not just for affordability but also for performance. You must choose a saw that you can use in long runs and do different DIY jobs across the house.
Many companies will offer extra features in their small circular saws so you should keep an eye out for those. Some model comes with laser guides, while others are fitted with a dust port. There are also some saws that have bevel cutting features, or even a waterproof system so you can work near water without worries.
Warranty is important, not just for buying a small saw, but for every purchase that you are making. As a power tool, the small circular saw must perform under strenuous conditions, and you won’t want it to bail on the first sign of stress. That is why a comprehensive warranty is needed so you can be sure that you get your money’s worth.
Small Circular Saw Maintenance: Tips and Tricks
- Power tools come and go, and it is only a question of when. However, with proper maintenance, you can prolong the inevitable. Read on to know how to properly take care of your circular saw.
- Remember that excessive moisture or humidity is any metal’s natural enemy. Blades subjected to this condition will immediately show signs of rust and pit. That is why you need to make sure that you store in a dry place when not in use.
- After every use, make sure that the blades are clean before storing it away. Collected pitch, sap, and other elements will inevitably dull the edge. A dirty blade will also require more push-through force, which will increase heat generation through friction.
- When cleaning your blades, make sure to never use wire brushes. These brushes will do more harm than good, so stay away from those. It is recommended to use nylon or brass brushes for better results. If you want, you can also use ammonia or any other cleaner as long as it is not corrosive.
- It’s crucial to avoid overheating the blade by making sure that it is low when cutting hardwood. Make it to a point to operate with extreme caution.
- When taking a break from cutting, avoid placing your small circular saw on steel or cemented surfaces. Remember that these hard surfaces will damage your blade and dull it faster. Instead, when resting, set the blade down on wood or plastic.
- When storing your extra blades, make sure that the blades are not rubbing against each other, or it will suffer from chipping. It is suggested to use heavy cardboard or plywood as a filing between blades.